Kinnaird College for Women
Admissions Fall 2011
Department of English Language Teaching
M.A in English Language Teaching
[Post 14, Duration 2 years]
The M.A in ELT being a professional degree is intended for teachers of English Language and Literature, with at least 2 years teaching experience who wish to upgrade their professional standing. It is most suitable for teachers whose interests lie mainly in classroom practice.
- 2-year BA/B.Sc. with a minimum second division
- Candidates should clear NAT-II conducted by the National Testing Service with a minimum 50% cumulative score within year one of admission Should be in service teachers
M.Phil in English Language Teaching
[Post 16, Duration 2 years]
The course is designed for English language education professionals who wish to remain practitioners of various kinds, so the academic continuum of the course leads from research and scholarship back into practice. The course offers students the opportunity to carry out educational research in ways intended to enhance their own professional development & to enable them to contribute to innovation in their work environment.
- First class M.A degree in e.g. ELT, Education, Applied Linguistics, TEFL or TESOL and a CGPA not less than 3.0 OR a good second division in M.A English Literature.
- She will need to give evidence of good research potential
- Must submit a statement indicating her area of interest and idea for investigation
- Should have a minimum of three years of teaching experience.
- Candidates should clear GAT-General conducted by the National Testing Service with a minimum 50% cumulative score within year one of admission
Department of French
M.A in French
[For Post 14-Duration 2 years, For Post 16-Duration 1 year]
- 2-year BA/B.Sc. with a minimum second division having French Elective or 200 hours from the Alliance Francoise
- All applicants must appear for the interview.
Note: Baching & learning (except for translation) will be conducted 1 exclusively in French.
Admission Procedure & Deadlines
- Admission Hand Books are available at KCW campus during 9:00 am to 1:00pm from August 15, 2011 – August 19, 2011. All application forms must be deposited at the KCW campus, from 9:00 am to 1:00pm by August 19, 2011.
- All the applicants must appear for the interview on August 22, 2011 Announcement of Merit List will be on August 24, 2011. (Merit list will be displayed on KCW website)
- Last date for Payment of Fee will be August 27, 2011. Academic Session commence on September 05, 2011.
93 Jail Road, Lahore Tel: 042-99203781-84 website: www.kinnaird.edu.pk